20211209 : 1000 days

           1,000 days
         ===========

What would I do if I had these 1,000 days ...

Would I continue to work like I used to - so I can achieve professional goals
Or
Would I spent more time with family and friends and be more available to them. 


Would I travel and see more places - 
Or
Stay in one place and be more available/ reliable...


Would I do more Yoga, Gym, running, etc - to lose some weight/ inches.
Or
Would I focus on improving my outlook.


Would I meditate more - in search of peace of mind.
Or
Would I try to strive for a more comforted conscience.


Would I pray more.
Or
Would I act more. 

Would I talk a lot
Or
Would I be considered with my speech

Would I eat and drink in excess.
Or
Would I be mindful and have a good diet.


I don't know the answers....


for I was;

Mostly at home for 1,000 days.
   Rooted like a tree.

Didn't have to work for 1,000 days.
   Didn't have to contribute to anything.

Didn't do anything for anyone for 1,000 days
   Instead, everyone did everything for me.

Didn't eat anything for 1,000 days.
   Yet, rocked up a king's food bill.
   

But;


I have enjoyed the love of family and friends.
   Like I have never appreciated before


I have done very less and accomplished nothing.
   But I have learnt to appreciate the body and mind like never before.

I have spoken nothing.
  But I have spoken more freely, than ever before.

My eyesight has gone really bad and I can hardly see.
  But what I see, I am able to see more clearly, than ever before.

I have not said thanks to so many.
   But I have understood thankfulness and gratitude, like never before. 


Right now, my living for me is like hot ghee - too hot to swallow and too valuable to spit out...


1,000 days is a long time. But it's also only 1 slice of 28 (assuming we have been served a full cake).


The previous slice was very very bitter and a hard one to swallow. I hope the next slice is a bit more palatable and easier to swallow (pun intended 🙂)....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240124 : balancing the equations...

20240402 : Transducers...