20230130 : the other person....

It is common understanding that we don't grow up till about 18-21 years, although we physically develop and for all practical purposes consider ourselves grown by 13-15. Whilst the body is developed, our mind is still growing. This is not my thinking but recognised by many systems and philosophers world over. Which is why, most of the world agrees that "Adult" is 18 and in most places marriage is legal only after 21 (when we are capable of handling the responsibility it brings with it).

However, I think (and I don't know if I am right), I feel another person is still developing then. I would like to call him my conscience (him/ her/ whatever - I think mine identifies himself as a him 🙂)

I feel he does not develop fully till he gets enough life experience - maybe till atleast late 20s or early 30s at least. He is like the nose and ears - doesn't stop growing . Every bit of life experience adds to his wisdom.

After sometime, he becomes my personal advisor on life - much like a private wealth manager for money.

After a while, he starts telling me what is the appropriate thing to do in situations, cautions me on occasions, etc .

I can't lie to him (I have tried - doesn't work). I can lie to the world but not to him.

I have observed, he has a drawback - he has an uncontrolled ego. That is one thing he has given me control of. I decide whether to let his ego grow or curtail it. Needless to say - his wisdom and judgement is best when not clouded by his ego.

He is only an advisor not a doer . So I have another choice - whether I heed his advice or not. He doesn't force me, just nudges me from time to time.

The more I listen to him, the more frequently he advices and has a bigger voice on my decision table. Conversely, the more I ignore him, less he bothers and reduces the frequency of his attendance at the table to advise me .

It takes a while to meet with, familiarise and understand our personal advisor...

Have you met your personal life advisor? Does he/she/*** have a seat at your decision table? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240124 : balancing the equations...

20240402 : Transducers...