20230129 : different shades

I have one news channel or the other switched on most of the waking time on the TV - not because I like to watch so much news, it's a kinda a constant noisy company I don't have to pay attention to.

All the news channels I watch are live streaming news on YouTube.
On cable, we have regular commercial breaks. This is sponsored advertising by brands. They are paid for only for displaying the ads on the cable format and not on streaming. The channels don't want to display it free on streaming format.

So I have the pleasure of watching "fillers" at those times when the channel is on ad breaks.

These "fillers" are things like weather, political messages, political cartoons or something else to propagate something.

I watch a channel "WION" regularly. Their filler of choice is a snippet regarding climate change where different climate activists are screaming themselves hoarse - saying it is critical we act and act now.

I get to hear this (as I am not watching) at least 2 dozen times everyday. The loudest message there ends by saying "God help us."

I don't know if there is a God. I don't know if there isn't as well. I personally think God has moved on from earth. 

I am assuming if we believe in God, we probably should believe God created not just earth and stopped. Surely God is responsible for all the planets, their moons and the Sun and this universe.

Now unless we think God is limited and there is a God per universe, the logical extension is to believe God created all the universes in this galaxy. Similarly, wouldn't have stopped there right, definitely all the galaxies that are there and so on...

Now, I am sure there are other places needing tending and supervision as well. Surely there must be much better alternative places. I sometimes feel we were an early prototype in the creators r&d experiments. An initial draft if you will.

Otherwise why would we be thinking of silly things and be fighting over trivial matters.

For example, "help us God".

Now, assuming God is still here on planet earth.

I am guessing God created all life not just human - animals, birds, insects, plants, everything.

Firstly, why do we have a human form for God? For all I know, God is probably a very wise very old tree rooted somewhere.

Why do we think God is only planning on saving us and not other species - after all, we have made many of the species of the creator extinct already - surely would have pissed God already. All that hard work gone to waste. 

And we are usually busy arguing whether God is a man or woman (or probably something else now).

Or black or white or brown or some other shade... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240811 - Bubbles on the back

20240124 : balancing the equations...