20221103 : hypothetical dilema.

I didn't sleep much last night...

But for me, ours is a female household.
My wife is a few years younger than I am - and very beautiful.
We have 2 very beautiful teenage daughters.
Occasionally, my mother-in-law stays with us.
My mother visits us everyday.
Our housekeeper is a middle aged woman and stays with us morning till late evening everyday.
Our domestic help is a woman - probably in her early 30s - spends a couple of hours with us everyday.
Heck, even our dog is female!

Yes - we definitely are a female household.

Having an unfamiliar male with us is like letting a cat loose amongst pigeons! An absolute no-no.

Luckily, both my nurses/ attenders and women - in their early 20s I am guessing.

I am a middle aged male. Usually women nurses/ attenders won't accept middle aged male patients. Either they themselves dont want to - because of the usual apprehensions of the nuisance factor to them or their families will object (if they are young) or their husbands won't allow (if they are married), etc. It is very much understandable though.
I have had many instances when women staff have refused duty and gone back - because they were surprised to find out the patient was a male ! (Yes, the agencies usually don't tell them anything beforehand - not even the patient gender, forget about letting them know the patient condition and needs)

From the past few years, we have been lucky and get more females into our house.

Although I am a middle aged male patient, this is mainly because:
1. I am bed ridden.
2. I can't speak - so I can't eat their heads
3. I am greatly paralysed with very limited movements and mobility - can't create nuisance factor to them.
4. They also feel comfortable as everyone else is a woman in the house.
5. We have a dog who is very noisy with strangers - they might feel secure.
6. Our dog is very loving after she gets comfy with them - that might be a bit of a sticky factor to stay as well 🙂
7. We treat them well and leave them alone - so that they can drown themselves in their smartphones.

All in all - ideal conditions for women nurses/ attenders.

I was thinking/ imagining a hypothetical scenario last night - that I might become ok. I don't know how much ok, let's say sufficiently ok to not need nurses/ attenders anymore.

I know from the practical experience from the past few years what the rate of changes are. Even if I become ok (and that is a big if), I know that it will not be overnight. There will be a transitory period when I will be partially ok - when I will still need the nurse/ attender. Now, the transitory period in my case is bound to be a few years (many years infact).

In that transitory period, I will be definitely perceived capable of creating nuisance factor. I will become a middle aged male patient, period. Suddenly the attraction of our house as a safe haven will not be attractive anymore to women nurses/ attenders. 

What will we do then?
Where do the male nurses/ attenders stay?
How will others be comfortable and feel safe?
Etc.
Etc.

You get the drift.... I didn't sleep much last night thinking about it all night.

It is a completely hypothetical scenario in the very distant future. It may or may not happen. I may or may not become ok. Female staff may or may not refuse to come. Etc, etc. There are so many possibilities and possible scenarios...

However, what I know from personal experience is that our minds are extremely powerful and can assist or prevent our body from doing things by working on the brain. Such thoughts and sleep deprived nights can and will prevent the body from getting better. But if my body doesn't get better, I don't have to worry about the hypothetical scenario anyway. Any if I don't have a cause to worry, the body will get better faster and the problem scenario will approach faster.

Its an infinite feedback loop - for mathematics folks.
A race condition for - electronics folks.
A non exiting recursive loop - for programmers.
A serious problem for managers.

That is the hypothetical dilema that kept me awake all night!

Basically I thought of a completely hypothetical scenario in the distant future and didn't allow myself to sleep in the present.

We are fascinating creatures aren't we....

Comments

  1. This is not about this post, just wanted to say this.

    I have a browser tab open with your blog on it and I refresh it every few days and read what you write. Since September, however, that tab was stuck on your post about the queen, and I was worried that you've stopped posting. I visited India in October and considered asking here as a comment if I could visit, but have read your post about visitors and shied away from that too. But I worried silently since there were no posts. Today I finally figured out that my tab was stuck in the past, and was really happy to see all your posts since. I too am one of those people who tell you things will get better, mainly because we all want it to, in whatever little or large way. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/11/22 12:25

    Hi thammi read ur blog and understand ur dilemma.but i am sure of one thing that the Providence always shows you the path and gives the solution.as u say our brain is all powerful and so think positively about getting better and it will only spread a lot of happiness around.donot worry about ur hypothesis becoz reality may be better and totally different from ur hypothesis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear KD. I am alive (really) and kicking (metaphorically). Very touched by your concern man. Will continue writing and sharing when I can and have something to share 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous, that is a nickname very few use - mostly family who have known me when I was young. I don't know who you are but thank you for your comments and wishes 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deepa Prabhath28/11/22 01:52

    Hey Sree, Oh those hypothetical scenarios that we come up with! Some funny, some scary, and some that actually come true! When I finished reading it, I was reminded of a Ted Talk that I heard some time ago. I think Prabhath forwarded it to me. I am not sure how connected it is to the scenarios you have mentioned, it is a good one to listen to nevertheless. It is called " You don't actually know what your future self wants" by Shankar Vedantam.
    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the suggestion Deepa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240811 - Bubbles on the back

20240124 : balancing the equations...