20221029 : global rant....

Almost ever country/ nation state has a "defence" minister. I don't know any country which has an "offence" minister. If everyone had only defence, we wouldn't have to worry much isn't it 🙂

This is a bit of a rant. I am complaining against nobody in particular and complaining on everybody in general....

From several weeks, I have been seeing the same kinds of news from across the globe.

1. The imminent threat of a nuclear war: well we don't have to worry do we. We have only defence ministers everywhere . 🙂

Simple Murphy knows that "if something can be used, somebody will". Why are we shocked? We built it didn't we? I mean, it was meant to be used sometime - there was no point building them otherwise. The time to act was before it was built, being built or lying in waiting earlier. What is the point being concerned about it now? Same holds good for everything arms, ammunition, etc.

2. Weaponising energy for war: why is everyone acting surprised? I thought everything was fair in love and war. The whole world (almost) imposed all kinds of sanctions and cut off all economic avenues on one side and is crying foul and being surprised on the other. Why is it surprising? I would assume anything and everything that can be, will be weaponised. I am guessing everyone is bring surprised because everyone had not thought through enough and don't want to accept the consequences now.

3. Rising inflation and economic impact world over: I think there are two sides to this. Yes, there is certainly a abnormal inflation caused by shortages of many things. But I think broadly everyone is suddenly feeling the impact of compounded reduction in purchasing power due to the abnormal inflation.

Inflation is there every year. 4-6% inflation is generally taken for granted . And usually if we even save, the savings becomes lesser and lesser each year because of reducing purchasing power. Over years and decades, the savings becomes worthless. I suspect this punch to the gut came suddenly because of the pandemic and war and we are not able to deal with it.

4. I don't even want to get started about climate change 🙂

Don't get me wrong. I am not supporting anyone or am I in favour of the war. I am definitely against it and its consequences - Humanitarian, social, economic, political etc. consequences. (I guess only technology progresses). I am just ranting about the surprise and shock of the outcomes which was very predictable before getting into it...

Over the past few decades and more recently, we have become very connected and entwined across the globe. I don't think we can solve any of the problems (real problems) within the boundaries of any national borders. We have crossed that point. To solve the real problems, we need a very coordinated (and unified) approach from every country on the face of this planet.

I guess that work is cutout for the fabled "kalki" Avatara when he arrives. Or she arrives - luckily the name suits both genders (and the dozens of others in-between recently formed)...


Comments

  1. I agree with u sreekanth.why create something in the first place to prove ur muscle power and then fear that the same will be misused!!🤔🤔🤔🤔

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240811 - Bubbles on the back

20240124 : balancing the equations...