20220810 : use case

I am active online - everything from information to finance apps to shopping.

I have the most issues with online purchases. However, every one of them I have managed to sort out and get resolved with the likes of Amazon, Myntra, swiggy, bigbasket, etc. They all have good customer service on chat.

However, I dread having any sort of issues with financial services (banks especially). Most of them don't have a chat based customer service. Some of them do - but very limited with what can be done as it is invariably a chatbot.

One of my accounts is marked dormant/ inactive because it was not operated after my stroke for a long time. It was made inactive before I could become active online. No matter how I try - email etc. I invariably get told I have to call some number or go to the branch.

I understand the heightened rigor. We don't want them to get lax in banks.

However, I do wonder - surely I am not the only mute fellow in the world. How does everyone deal with the invariable wall of "speak with someone"?

I get it, some services just cannot be extended to everyone with every kind of disability. I thought however that mute folks probably have the better ability (as they can read, understand and write/ type). I however find this use case being missed in many cases online....

Comments

  1. Thought-based authentication could be the key. A paper on it won a UN award in 2019. Hopefully will find its way into the banking industry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240811 - Bubbles on the back

20240124 : balancing the equations...