20220419 : black rock ritual

When I was in the hospital - over 3 years back, I was in a land of hallucinations - when I was in the ICU.

One of the experiences I had many times was this:

There would be aliens (green people) who would carry me somewhere.

They would take me to a big black rock and tie me up tightly. I would not be able to move.

It would seem like they were ready for some sort of sacrifice.
But suddenly they would go away. 

It didn't look like an altar , but they would take me each time to that black rock and tie me up.

It would be very painful. Excruciatingly painful! 

I remember wishing they finish the sacrifice but they would just go away.

After a very long time, a shadow would move to a specific place (reminded me of McKenna's gold each time).

After that happened, the green people would come back, untie me and take me away...

No recollection of the experience after that till it happened again sometime...

Few weeks back, I was back in the ICU. Enjoying the pleasures of familiar turf.

After I went to the hospital, I had been only on the bed. It had been 2 days and 3 nights.

In the morning, a very chubby looking and very jovial doctor (he was wearing a white coat) came to me and asked in a very heavy eastern indian accent if I want "mobilisation"

I didn't know what he meant. My usual practice in such situations is to refuse. Whoever wants to do whatever will insist and explain the details and I can understand better then and make a call.

But he went away. He came and went like a whirlwind.

Then the constant stream of doctors on rounds with their entourage started. It took a while...

After it ended, the chubby doctor came back and asked the same thing - "sir, shall I give mobilisation?"

Now I was in 2 minds. My previous experience meant I won't learn anything more.

I decided (very unlike me), to nod "yes". I guess I was bored doing nothing and I was curious to know what it meant. I mean, what's the worst case scenario - I am already in a good hospital ICU!

Then he said "ok sir" and went away again.

After about 10 minutes, he came back with the "big black rock". It was unmistakable to my mind. It recognised it instantly!

It was a big black leather cushioned recliner easy chair. He wanted me to sit! Mobilisation was mobilising me from the bed!

After about 5 minutes, the aliens came - the green people. Every department in that hospital has a different colour uniform. Ex, regular nurses wear blue, operation theatre nurses and technicians wear a pinkish - purple.

 The ICU nurses wear green!

They carried me from the bed to the chair and plonked me in it.

And they went away - as my experience foretold.

Now I could relate to the ritual every time they did, they must have been giving me "mobilisation" sometimes - maybe everyday towards the fag end of the ICU stint then.

I was completely locked-in then, that explains why it felt like I was tied up tightly. I was struggling to move but nothing was happening.

I couldn't understand why the excruciating pain though. It was a big comfortable chair. It was not painful.

About 5 minutes later, the explanation revealed itself.
Every bit of my body started paining.

I was not lifted up correctly - my body was not bending at the hips but the abdomen. Almost the solar plexus. It was not only painful but makes it very hard to breathe.

I was not placed straight- i was leaning and falling to the left side.

My right hand was stuck between my thigh and the chair's arm. That was also the wrist having the IV cannula. It was very uncomfortable and painful.

My right leg was slightly sideways and paining.

That explained the painful part. Three years ago, I would have been in whatever position in throughout that duration - just going through it.

It certainly would have felt like a very long time. In reality, it couldn't have been more than about 1.5 hours max. Every 2 hours I have to be back in bed for my feeds. 

This time however, I didn't suffer throughout. When I could get the attention of a passing by alien, I waved frantically and got them to release my hand, pull me up and position me correctly.

I couldn't make them understand the leg bit. After a lot of action talk, they got a steel stool for the leg - which made it worse.

Anyway I gave up that battle. I had won the war.

And oh, the McKenna's gold shadow - was the shadow caused by the moving sunlight at that angle - the had to be giving me "mobilisation" either early morning or late afternoon when it sets. I don't know which.

Most importantly, I could decode on more of my crazy hallucinations 😂

Comments

  1. Anonymous8/5/22 04:35

    I am at a loss of words dude. You are a brilliant story teller. I was reading the the first couple of paragraphs about the aliens and the pain. The black rock and was convinced it was a hallucination, the mix of McKennas gold. The way you deduced and relayed it back to the incident. The working of an ever brilliant mind and the detached conclusion of the shadow. The correlation of facts with previous experience. Pattern matching. Man you are giving insights into your brilliant mind.
    PPK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could picture this easily as if I were watching it. I have to agree with your friend above, you have a gift for story telling, Sreekanth. Look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240811 - Bubbles on the back

20240124 : balancing the equations...