20220418 : the spectacle each evening

When I sit on the wheelchair in the evening, I move my right leg a few times.

The leg will be lying lifeless. I can't feel it or move it initially.

I have to lift it a few times using my left leg and move it a few times.

It sometimes responds and sometimes not. If it doesn't work, I have to leave it alone for sometime and try again later.

At some point it stiffens when lifted. It still doesn't know how to loosen - so have to rely on gravity to bring it back down slowly.

After that, very slowly, I am able to lift it a few times - relying on gravity each time to bring it back down.

It's a amusing thing to experience and watch happening.

However, that is what I can see.

The real action and spectacle is happening in the brain actually.

When I am unable to feel the leg, the neurons are not connected.

The passive movements and the intention means it is causing the neurons to frantically be trying to find a path - running helter-skelter, through trial and error each time.

Sometimes they succeed sometimes they don't.

The moment the connection is made, spasticity kicks in tightening the muscles.

After that is exploiting the pathway to work the muscle till it fatigues and doesn't move anymore.

The connection is released after. The leg becomes flaccid again .

Until I can repeat the spectacle next evening. It's so interesting to experience it and imagine what is happening in the head. Wonderful indeed...

I am waiting for the day I can move it without the initial cranking. That would signify that the brain remembered the connections and doesn't have to do trial-and-error anymore...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240811 - Bubbles on the back

20240124 : balancing the equations...