20220202: Early morning cough

Another disclaimer: this is my own experiences and observations and not a proven science. So take it with a pinch of salt, ample salt actually.
______________________

Every morning, early, I have a very bad cough.

I cough all through the day, but the morning ones are particularly bad.

Especially as I am not in the elevated position yet and still lying down.

It is not a dry cough, it is a very chesty cough. Of course I can not feel anything much, but that is my assessment based on what I hear.

I can hear the secretions in the lungs and trachea making all kinds of noises when I cough.

Rest of the day, I don't experience it that often and that much.

I have tried to correlate it with sleep, tiredness, fever, feed, any other discomfort etc. and I have unable to correlate.

One thing I realised recently was that it would be dark when I started coughing, little before 6:00am and stops after about 8:00am - it is also the time I am elevated (come to a sitting position).

If it was just the position, it should have started when I was reclined in the night and continue all night. But that is not the case. I do get bouts of cough in the night too - but it is random. Not as predictable as the morning one.

It is as though the secretions settle down here and there in the lungs and trachea and enable ok breathing all night and are stirred up every morning and start causing the discomfort.

Then I realised it was the sunrise each morning that might be starting it.

It used to be the uncomfortable time even before the stroke. I would get up before it started to avoid the discomfort - without realising/ paying attention to why I liked to get up early.

I am guessing the Sun's pull as it moves from the horizon up pulls the secretions from their settled places causing the chaos.

After 8:00 (and rest of the day), I am upright and I am guessing the earths pull is too much to counter and settles back down.

But I am was not very sure about it. I mean, if I assume it is true for the Sun, it should be true for the Moon as well in the night.

Unfortunately I can't correlate as I am vertical most days when the moon rises and when I am reclined down, I can't really see the moon or know what time the moon rises etc.

And that is how I ended up looking for the influence of the sun and moon on the earth - which ended up as the other post

It could be though - for the moon rises 50 minutes later each day and just feels random. (it takes 24hrs and 50min to go around the earth in the same direction of the earth's rotation). 

So the random cough I get in the nights - could be aligned with the moon rise (i neither know the time or the moon position or how strong it will be that day - depending on where the Sun is)... 🤷🏽‍♂️

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240811 - Bubbles on the back

20240124 : balancing the equations...