20211228 : the spectator

I have sometimes wondered, wouldn't it have been great if only some of the therapies we tried initially worked - like accupunture, sujok, some Ayurvedic medicines, miracle waters, miracle oils, etc. 

I have also come across some other therapy or treatment and wondered would it have helped recovery faster.

And I have wondered if there was some other treatment, therapy or miracle that we never came across that would have done the trick and hastened the process.

Over a long period, I have realised it would have been futile.

Every one of them (I think), either worked on some targeted part, the brain or the entire thing - all body.

However, the mind was not yet ready or prepared.

I don't think any of it would have worked.

And I don't think I could have hurried it along as well.

It had to go through everything it went through to be here today.

I don't know if it has reached a point of preparedness to stop crawling, start to walk, walk faster, jog, run or sprint. But it has to do what it has to do.

I feel like I am just a spectator to the event and all I can do is be a good spectator.

Initially, I was not even interested in turning up for the event.

Then I would be a disinterested chap on the sidelines.

After a long while, watching the event everyday, got me somehow interested.

Now, I find myself cheering for the player.

The player still needs to follow the rules, play on his own and complete the event.

But he has got another cheering spectator.

It's a very strange event too. There are no other new players.

Every day, the player has to turn up, and play against yesterday's version of himself.

The player of today - the one I am rooting for, may not always be the winner, but he turns up tomorrow again.

And it is so much more fun, like anything else, to be involved and have fun at the event... 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240811 - Bubbles on the back

20240124 : balancing the equations...