20211226 : "save our planet"


This was another thought triggered by a conversation my wife recently had with me. (She was just complaining yesterday she Is very weary of speaking in front of me - lest I write something about it. Boy I am going to hear about this. Or not hear about it - to be on the safer side).


I have heard in many places how we can manage to cater to 9.x billion lives by 2050. We are already 7.x billion and struggling, stretching all resources and destroying our planet. Blah, blah, blah, "Climate change", blah, blah, blah....

Really? "Our" planet?

I don't know the actual numbers, but I am guessing, there are some

Trillions of animals.
Trillions of birds.
Trillions of insects.
Trillions of worms.
Trillions of fish and aquatic beings.
Etc. Etc.

And that is only things that can move about.

If we include immobile stuff, there are trillions and trillions of shrubs, plants, trees, etc.

Humans are in such insignificant numbers, we don't even figure as a relevant percentage.

I know there are a lot of philosophies out there which argue human life is the most precious thing and is on top of the ladder.

But those are human philosophies as well...


I am guessing, the planet's philosophy will be more  like "a life is a life is a life".

Why will the planet try to conserve the most insignificant of species, that is the most disrupting of them all?

And "Save our planet" slogans...
What a joke!

The planet has made it for millions and millions of years with or without us all the same...

What we are really saying is "Save us from Us" otherwise the planet will just go ahead without us..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240811 - Bubbles on the back

20240124 : balancing the equations...