20211101 : Sunni Chechi


Today, I don't know how it landed there, the nurses asked me if I knew (don't remember the name). I had no idea. I was absorbed with something else and didn't even know what they were talking about.

I indicated 'no' and their jaws dropped with surprise. They threw another name and I had no idea. Surprised again.

Then they asked if I hadn't seen (some name). I could then make out they were quizzing me on malayalam actors of current generation.

Few more names, peppered it a few ones saying the had acted across South Indian languages - no luck.

Then they moved on to actresses. Even more surprise. 

In all honesty, I might have recognised a few faces, but names - nada.

It was like 2 circles of a Venn diagram refusing to intersect because of a chasm of generation gap inbetween. 

"Chechi" in malayalam means "sister" - I have gathered that.


So they asked me if I knew "Sunni Chechi".

The "n" was pronounced as we do in "window" (ಣ - if you understand kannada).

I drew a blank again.

They added it was impossible that I was a man and didn't know "sunni chechi"

Then it dawned...

The circles finally intersected... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240124 : balancing the equations...

20240402 : Transducers...