20210727 : Life crisis



Some days back, my wife told me, my younger daughter, who is all of 10 years, asked something in the lines of "why should we live and do everything if we are all going to die anyway?"

I think that question might have been prompted by my dad's recent passing. While the question, now,  came out of pure innocence and genuine wonder, I suspect, it will be a few decades before she realises the profoundness of that question when probably faced with it again.

I was watching the Netflix series 'The Crown' today. I have got till Season 3 and episode titled 'Moondust'. In that episode, prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburg is shown facing a sort of crisis. He believes in action, achievements, etc. But he is completely disillusioned when he meets his idolized heroes, the first men on the moon, acting like mere men. His faith is shattered.
He joins a group of priests, whom he had mocked earlier and goes on and does much for the studies on faith and spirituality.

"Faith", I am guessing can be anything. Whatever we have had a strong belief on, I guess gets a bit shaken at some stage and pops up those profound questions for which it's hard to find answers. I guess It starts a crisis of sorts...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240124 : balancing the equations...

20240402 : Transducers...