20210618 : moving my right leg



A few days back, after nearly 2.5 years after my stroke, i was able to move my right leg a little (from the knee down, when my physiotherapist holds it supported in a particular way). Its a thing as it means the thigh muscles did the work.

I am unable to trigger the movement when I want to move the leg (I still can't feel my leg and i can't move it). Instead, i have to imagine it moving and after 2-3 seconds, it moves. If I don't see it, I can't make out the movement.

Most baseball players get less than 0.44 seconds to react to an average pitch and make a strike. The fastest pitcher is double that speed (half the time to react). The brain is capable of it .

Sometimes its a fraction faster or slower for me.

The same happens with my hand as well. Some days, it takes a few seconds to react/ move the first time and then i can continue. Its like a broken vehicle with starting trouble.

When we normally want to move our hands or legs, we don't think how to do it. We just want it somewhere and it will move the way we intend to, and it moves instantaneously.

It's very strange feeling when it responds with a delay like that. The stroke obviously fried the connections and this is the brain trying to make new connections to transmit messages. Its still doing trial and error each day and the connections are not yet set ( hard wired i guess). Its a very strange and amusing thing to experience..

I imagine/ visualise a huge wall of interconnections and no labels, and my nurons like operators, frantically trying to make a long distance call and succeeding after trying randomly for some time.
When their shift is up, they have to remove all the connecting cables and the new operators have to do it all over.
I hope my brain will soon give permission to the operators, to leave the cables in place , when the shift ends...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240124 : balancing the equations...

20240402 : Transducers...