20210118 : Processing conversation threads...



On a good day, i would be driving the car, humming to the music playing on the radio, having a conversation with the person next to me, fully aware of the conversation going on at the back as well. On many occasions i have caught myself subconsciously chanting a sloka which i used to chant very often.. 3-4 threads were easily processed in the head...

Now, i cant handle even 2. Yes, I can hear ok, quite well in the left ear. However the brain just cannot process 2 conversations together. Suddenly both conversations become gibberish. If there is any cross talk, everything becomes unintelligible. Its quite an experience.. i can hear the multiple sounds, but i just cannot make out anything.

This is not reserved to conversations i can understand alone. Even when the nurses are talking, i cant understand anything on the tv. Same when I'm watching tv in the living room. That's why i can't watch anything without subtitles. There will be some talk, and i can't make out without subtitles.

I have observed though, this limitation does not apply to music. I noticed this whenever we watch Indian idol. There will be cross talk, my daughter will be screaming, my dog will be barking the house down... but the music will be clear.

Strange.....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20231208 : Privilege...

20240811 - Bubbles on the back

20240124 : balancing the equations...